Many different factors determine the
communication styles with which you are most comfortable. Some
individuals thrive on the challenge of pointed criticism,
while others are at their best in a nurturing environment
where criticism is offered as a suggestion for improvement.
Each of us has a unique set of requirements and preferences.
Below is a list of communication styles that will mesh well
with your own. Having a partner who understands and practices
these traits is important to your long-term happiness.
- Show sincere interest as a person.
- Be sincere and use a tone of voice that shows sincerity.
- Patiently draw out personal interests.
- Keep the conversation at the discussion level, rather
- Support ideas for change with facts, figures and logic.
- Start with a personal comment to "break the ice."
- Work to achieve mutual satisfaction.
- Ask "How" questions to draw out opinions.
- Move casually, informally.
- Find areas of common interest and involvement.